10 Secrets To Help You Get More Restful Sleep
Sleeping and getting a good night’s rest are two different things. Most people who say they get seven hours of sleep are still tired, and this is because they are not getting truly restful sleep.
Here are ten tips to prevent that.
- No electronics in the bedroom. This means no cell phones, computers, or televisions that can stimulate and promote wakefulness.
- Dim the lights before bedtime. Too much artificial light can suppress melatonin, the hormone that controls sleep and wake cycles.
- Use familiar, calming scents. New fragrances in the bedroom can keep you up.
- No caffeine close to bedtime. No explanation necessary, right?
- Consider using some white noise. A fan or a noisemaker can help you sleep more deeply.
- Don’t share sheets or blankets with your bedmate. If you’re having trouble sleeping, get your own blanket to avoid the tug-of-war.
- Use feather pillows. These are non-allergenic.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea before bed. People have used it to promote sleep for thousands of years.
- Do some deep breathing exercises. This can help clear your mind before bed.
- Don’t go to bed angry. Brooding over problems can keep you awake.
Wishing you restful nights ahead!